The Grand Lodge of Antient Free and Accepted Masons of Scotland
William Ramsay McGhee, MStJ, D.L., Grand Master Mason
As you will read in the SCFS report, we, as Scottish Freemasons, at home and abroad have, during the Pandemic contributed over £1.5 million into our communities to help those who are struggling with life at this difficult time. A tremendous effort which has not only helped those in need but has raised the profile of Freemasonry in a positive way.
I would wish to record my thanks to Brothers Dougie Fergie and Jim Ellis along with all those who assist them in promoting the SCFS Facebook which has highlighted all that the Lodges in our Provinces, Districts and Superintendencies are doing.
- Another milestone was reached this week with the total identifiable monetary value of contributions recorded passing £1.5Million. This was achieved as result of a contribution of £120,000 worth of foodstuffs being acquired by Bro. Kevin Taggart, IPM of Lodge Buchan St. John, No. 636. This is already in the process of being distributed throughout various Provinces with which Lodge Buchan St. John has an association.
- The total now recorded has risen to £1,547,478.
- The Group saw its membership rise to 5714 Brethren from not only the Scottish Constitution but from many of our Sister Constitutions throughout the world.
- This week saw the total examples of charitable giving recorded within the group rise to 937, submitted by 313 of its members.
- These updated contributions can now be attributed as to being made on behalf of 338 Lodges, from within 55 of its Provincial Grand Lodges, District Grand Lodges, Superintendencies and Lodges abroad under the direct supervision of Grand Lodge.
- This week posts were submitted by group members representing the Provinces of Aberdeenshire West, Ayrshire, Caithness, Linlithgowshire and Midlothian.
SCFS Overseas Report
- Our Overseas Membership has now risen to 1612 This is thanks to new members joining us from our Lodges in the Districts of the Far East (Hong Kong), Sierra Leone and The Gambia, and Trinidad & Tobago and Grenada.
- The largest increase in membership was from the District of Sierra Leone and The Gambia, with a number of Brethren joining from 3 different Lodges.
- We now have 915 Brethren (ICMs -International Constitution Members), who belong to Lodges whose Grand Lodges are in amity with the GLoS, spreading news of the wonderful support featured in the posts on the main SCFS page and on the increasingly popular SCFS-Showcase,throughout their constitutions worldwide.
- This week we were delighted to welcome our 900th Many congratulations to Brother Clay Elliott, RWM/PM of Demopolis Lodge, No. 49, under the Grand Lodge of Alabama.
- During the past 7 days, the expanding reach of SCFS was seen by the fact that Brethren joined from13different Masonic Constitutions, including: GL of South Austrialia and the Northern Territory, GL of the State of Israel, Grand East of the Netherlands, GL of California, GL of the Philippines, GL of Canada in the Province of Ontario, GL of South Africa, United GL of Victoria, GL of Peru, GL of Alabama, GL of Ireland, GL of Arizona, and UGLE.
- Posts showing the excellent donations and support by Lodges in our Districts of Zimbabwe, Middle East, and Gibraltar were published on SCFS-Showcase… which now has followers in 48different countries.
- Lodges in our Districts, under Grand Superintendents and under the supervision of Grand Lodge, are all encouraged to continue sharing the examples of the excellent support in which they are involved and we look forward, in turn, to sharing it with all our Brethren.
Another successful Provincial Installation took place last Saturday in Cambuslang bringing the total of new PGM’s installed to 6. This weekend will see another two taking place in Moray and Nairn and in Perthshire West. The remaining four will take place on 9th, 16th, 30th of October and 20th November.
Likewise, the Rededication Ceremonies are taking place each week and I’m delighted to report that the feedback we have received from them all has been very positive. We still have a number on the pending list and Assistant Grand Secretary will be in touch with those Lodges to assist them in arranging suitable dates to mark the important milestones in their history.
Finally, as always, please stay safe and look after each other.
Grand Master Mason