The Grand Lodge of Antient Free and Accepted Masons of Scotland
William Ramsay McGhee, MStJ, D.L., Grand Master Mason
May I take this opportunity to convey to all our Jewish Brethren every best wish for a very happy, enjoyable, and meaningful Hanukkah.
What a memorable day yesterday was with Brother Charles Iain Robert Wolrige Gordon of Esslemont, conducting the Grand Lodge Installation in his own inimitable style. I am truly indebted to him for his continuing support and for making the day such a successful one. 450 Brethren were in attendance to witness the ceremony and once again enjoy each other’s company. I would also like to thank Brothers Thomas Constable Smith and Alexander MacLachlan for their undaunting support and encouragement during their term of office and welcome our new Depute and Substitute Grand Masters, namely Brother Jim Bell and Brother Jim Peddie into office. I very much look forward to working with them in the year ahead.
- The Group saw its membership rise to 5935 Brethren from not only the Scottish Constitution but from many of our Sister Constitutions throughout the world.
- This week saw the total examples of charitable giving recorded within the group rise to 981, submitted by 321 of its members.
- These updated contributions can now be attributed as being made on behalf of 338 Lodges, from within fifty-five of its Provincial Grand Lodges, District Grand Lodges, Superintendencies and Lodges abroad under the direct supervision of Grand Lodge.
- This week posts were submitted by group members representing the Provinces of Forfarshire, Inverness-shire, and Lanarkshire Middle Ward.
- The total identifiable monetary value of the contributions now recorded has risen to £1,767,310.
- The group is now fast approaching a significant milestone since its inception, the publishing of its 1000th We await with eager anticipation to see which Lodge / District / Province will receive the accolade of attaining that special place in the group’s history.
SCFS Overseas Report
- A very interesting post was received from Brother Joe Lum-On, WJW, Lodge Polynesia, No. 562, in Fiji, which detailed a donation of over £1750 to the charity which had been nominated by the wives and partners of the brethren … Children’s Cancer Foundation.
- Our Overseas Membership has now reached a total of 1647brethren, with the largest increase in membership, this week, coming from a Lodge under the direct control of Grand Lodge … Lodge Friendship, No. 439, in Mauritius.
- Our ICMs (International Constitution Members … brethren who are members of Lodges whose Grand Lodges are in amity with the GLoS) are continuing to play an important role in spreading news of the excellent charity and community support being provided to so many. Our worldwide ICM total is now standing at 1040.
- During this week, new International Constitution Members joined from 12different Masonic constitutions, including the GL of Nigeria, GL of Louisiana, GL of Colorado, GL of Illinois, GL of the Philippines, GL of Philadelphia, GL of Mauritius, GL of New Zealand, UGLE(England, South Wales, Cyprus), GL of Mexico, GL of Canada in the Province of Ontario, and the GL of Japan.
- It is heartening that more Lodges in our Districts, under Grand Superintendents and under the supervision of Grand Lodge, are sharing the examples of the excellent support which they have been involved in by sending posts to the SCFS page and we would encourage others to follow this example.
Last Saturday saw a small Deputation from Grand Lodge head north to Golspie where we had the pleasure of installing Brother David Collings as the new Provincial Grand Master. That now concludes the programme of installations with all twelve PGM’s now installed albeit a year later than originally planned. The next group of new PGM’s will take office in February at which time we will start the Installation programme again.
Finally, as always, please stay safe and look after each other.
Grand Master Mason