The Grand Lodge of Antient Free and Accepted Masons of Scotland
William Ramsay McGhee, MStJ, D.L., Grand Master Mason
For many of us, at home and abroad, the past few days have been somewhat turbulent with regard to the storms that are making their presence felt. I hope and trust that wherever you are, the effects of the storms have not been too damaging.
They certainly affected my travel plans to and from London this week for the annual Tripartite Conference. The Conference was good with a wide array of topics discussed. One issue highlighted by UGLE was the success of their online, searchable repository of Nuggets, Papers, Presentations, Demonstrations, Q&As and Quizzes called Solomon. It is free and open to anyone, accessed via your laptop, tablet or smartphone. It is well worth a look and can be accessed at - https://solomon.ugle.org.uk
I’m looking forward to travelling down to Renfrewshire on Saturday to install Brother Ronnie Fraser and his Commission as the new Provincial Master of Renfrewshire East.
While I am in Renfrewshire, Depute Grand Master, Brother Jim Bell will be on the east coast celebrating the Centenary of Lodge St Skae of Ferryden.
- The Group saw its membership rise to 6279 Brethren from not only the Scottish Constitution but from many of our Sister Constitutions throughout the world.
- This week saw the total examples of charitable giving recorded within the group rise to 1105, submitted by 351 of its members.
- These updated contributions can now be attributed as to being made on behalf of 361 Lodges, from within 56 of its Provincial Grand Lodges, District Grand Lodges, Superintendencies and Lodges abroad under the direct supervision of Grand Lodge.
- During the week posts were submitted by group members representing the Provinces of Glasgow, Inverness-shire, Linlithgowshire and Perthshire West.
- The total identifiable monetary value of the contributions now recorded has risen to £1,945,159.
SCFS Overseas Report
We were delighted to receive the following post from the Philippines:
- Brother Cameron Sloan,a PDDGM of Far East, shared news of an excellent donation of £800 from Lodge Perla del Oriente, No. 1034, to the Tzu Chi Charity Foundation. It was presented to the Foundation to assist in its relief efforts for victims of the recent super typhoon Odette (international name Rai) which devastated areas in the south of the archipelago.
- Our Overseas Membership continues to grow steadily … now standing at 1704,with Brethren joining from the Districts of Botswana, Central South Africa (RSA), Eastern Province of the Cape of Good Hope, Far East (Hong Kong), Middle East (Singapore), Newfoundland and Labrador, Trinidad & Tobago and Grenada … which was the District which had the largest number of new members joining from it this week.
- Congratulations are extended to Brother Andy Baker, Lodge Naval and Military, No. 848, Hong Kong, in the District of Far East, who is our 1700th Overseas Member … another milestone for the group.
- We now have 1251 Brethren from Lodges whose Grand Lodges are in amity with the GLoS, and who spread news, worldwide, of the wonderful support given to others by our Brethren.
- New members joined from 13 different Masonic constitutions this week: Symbolic GL of Paraguay, GL of Indiana, United GLs of Germany, GL of Georgia, United GLs of New South Wales and ACT, GL of New Jersey, United GL of Victoria, GL of Pennsylvania, GL of Newfoundland and Labrador, GL of Massachusetts, GL of India, GL of Ohio, GL of Western Australia, UGLE(North Wales), GL of Tennessee.
- We would encourage our Overseas Lodges and Districts to continue sharing their good support of others with us and look forward to publishing posts from them … most especially first posts from some Districts.
The Grand Secretary is heading to Milwaukee this weekend to participate in the North American Grand Masters Conference. We wish him a safe journey and a successful Conference.
Finally, as always, please stay safe and look after each other.
Grand Master Mason
- Hits: 531